All Members Receive:
- Subscription to the NAREE News, the association's newsletter which features information on NAREE meetings, new member contact information, articles on how to do your job more efficiently, and the latest real estate and design coverage trends.
- "NAREE Network"
- Registration fee discounts to all NAREE events.
- Discount on entry fee for Bruss Book Award Competition. Entry deadline is April 15 of each year.
- Credentials to "Members Only" section of www.naree.org
Active Members Receive All of the Above plus:
(Active members are credentialed full time working journalists --editors, staff writers, columnists, and freelancers working for independently owned and operated news outlets in print, on air, and online.)
- Initial free entry to NAREE's annual Real Estate Journalism competition. Deadline to enter is March 1 of each year.
- Eligibility to apply for the NAREE Bivins Fellowship (hotel lodging stipends for NAREE's annual conference); deadline is May 1 of each year.
Associate Members Receive (in addition to 'All Members Receive', above):
(Associate members are part-time writers and editors, writers and editors of special interest publications, and public relations and marketing communicators who write and disseminate information to the media on residential, commercial, and financial real estate and home and urban design trends.)
- Advance notice of "NAREE's Meet the Press" event.
- Eligibility to apply for Bruss Book Awards Competition; deadline is April 15 of each year. Entry fee is $100 for members.
“I used to think that you got out of something the effort you put into it. But from the get-go, when I first applied for a journalism award a decade ago, this has not been my experience with NAREE. The gains I have received for just bothering to show up, and now for spending a few hours leading the troops, have included invaluable contacts, loads of fun and what I believe will be lifelong friendships. So I stand corrected. For everything I've put into NAREE, I'd say I've gotten back at least 50 fold.” Lauren Beale, Los Angeles Times
"Besides the fun and productive conferences, the journalism awards and professional education opportunities, NAREE connects you with a national network of people who are truly a delight to get to know. I value my membership highly." Ken Harney, Washington Post Writers Group
"The experience at my first NAREE conference paid immediate dividends. With a lineup of speakers from across the country with expertise covering a vast range of commercial and residential real estate topics, it not only broadened my industry knowledge, but also put me in touch with sources who quickly made their way into the Austin American-Stateman's coverage, including two experts who were quoted within two weeks of the conference with their views on overbuilding in the local apartment market." Shonda Novak, Business Reporter/Real Estate, Austin American-Statesman
"NAREE's annual conferences generate breaking news and provide a good background for handling the big issues and trends as they come up during the year." Ralph Bivins, RealtyNewsReport.com