51st Annual Real Estate Journalism Conference
Denver, Colorado - June 14-17, 2017 - Brown Palace Hotel
Click HERE to Download the 2017 Denver Spring Conference Registration Form with
Journalists, Speakers and Paid 2017 NAREE Industry Associate Members -- Hotel Rooms:
To Reserve a room at the historic Brown Palace Hotel at NAREE’s discounted rate of $199
Brown Palace In-House Reservations: (303) 297-3111
Marriott: (800) 627-7468
Marriott Online Reservations
Journalist only Hotel Rooms:
To reserve a room at the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express located directly above
NAREE's Grand Ballroom Meeting Space
Holiday Inn In-House will be 303-296-0400
Holiday Inn Express Express Reservations: (800) 315-2621
Holiday Inn Online Reservations
Important information for All Conferees:
To attend the NAREE Conference in Denver you need to complete these three steps:
1. Pay your 2017 dues (if you haven’t already).
2. Register with NAREE for the 2017 Denver Conference using the printable pdf. available at the top of this page.
3. Reserve your Hotel in the NAREE room block at either the Brown Palace -- available to all conferees or the Holiday Inn Express -- Journalists only.
(Or let us know that you’re staying with friends or family.)
More Hotel Info:
The iconic Brown Palace Hotel is connected by skybridge to the recently renovated Holiday Inn Express in Downtown Denver. The General Sessions are on the Holiday Inn side of the skybridge. Some special NAREE events are on the Brown Palace side of the skybridge. The Historic Brown Palace Hotel & Spa - Open Continuously Since 1892 — is part of the Marriott Autograph Collection of Unique Boutique Hotels. Holiday Inn Express is part o the IHG rewards program.
Mail packages to:
Name of Hotel Guest
c/o NAREE Meeting June 14-17
Brown Palace Hotel & Spa
321 17th Street, Denver, Colorado, 80202, USA
303-297-3111 (or your own cell)
Brown Palace info:
Enjoy an Afternoon Break with Tea & Crumpets - Brown Palace offers traditional English High Tea in the afternoons with Devonshire cream shipped directly from England.
"The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, synonymous with extraordinary service since 1892, invites you to experience a new level of luxury Downtown Denver hotels. Home to a collection of 241 distinct guestrooms and suites, including our new Signature Inclusive rooms, this celebrated choice in Downtown Denver hotels spoils guests with contemporary amenities like twice daily maid service, plush terry robes, complimentary Wi-Fi in Lobby and pure artesian water from our own well. The hotel also boasts six unique restaurants and bars, a boutique spa and nearly 20,000 square feet of meeting space, making the Brown Palace as appropriate for an adventurous jetsetter as it is for a corporate-minded CEO." --- Excerpt From BrownPalace.com
Detailed Itinerary for the 2017 Denver Spring Conference Coming Soon.
Meeting begins Wednesday, June 14 at 8 AM and ends Saturday, June 17 and will follow the pattern from the 2016 meeting in New Orleans. Last year's schedule is located at the bottom of this page.
NAREE University 2017 Preview
By Dion Haynes
Washington Post and NAREE Vice President
During NAREE’s Denver Conference NAREE will offer a series of peer-to- peer journalism workshops. Sessions are meant for editors, writers, bloggers — both freelancers and staffwriters. Here’s what’s on the docket to date:
• Enhancing Your Brand: A look at how to use social media and other tools to raise the profile of your work and yourself. Learn how to expand your audience and parlay your real estate reporting expertise into TV appearances, syndication and books.
• Freelancer Inc.: A look at how to organize your freelance business whether you're doing it full-time or on the side. Learn how to pitch stories to get more work, juggle assignments for multiple media outlets and organize your billing and tax operations.
• Merging Data and Narrative: A look at how to add oomph to your reporting and writing. Learn how to add depth to your reporting through a plethora of housing and real estate data sets and add sophis- tication to your writing through compelling stories of real people to illustrate the numbers.
• Podcasts Demystified: A look at the rapidly expanding world of podcasts. Learn how you can create your own programming on this platform which has exploded in the past two years following the "Serial" podcast and is becoming the go- to tool of journalists and media outlets.
Brown Palace Hotel in Denver, CO
LAST YEAR'S CONFERENCE IN NEW ORLEANS
Harrah's Hotel, New Orleans June 8-11, 2016
• Adaptive Reuse
• International Investors in the US
Five Online Tools You Can Use, from Data to Documents: A primer on interesting, and often free, programs that can help add more oomph to a story. A must-attend for journalists who find themselves playing reporter, photographer, data analyst, graphic artist and search-engine optimization specialist, all in one.
Wednesday – June 8
8:30 AM to 6:00 PM Registration and Meet the Press Sign-up
8:30 AM to 9:30 AM Welcome Breakfast
8:30 AM NAREE University: Facebook Storytelling
9:20 AM The Big Easy: Resilience in a French Quarter Culture
10:15 AM Top 10 Issues Facing Real Estate
10:50 AM Resilient Cities
11:55 AM NAREE University Lunch: Social Media
1:15 PM New Design Trends: Creative Office Space
2:15 PM New Generation Homes
3:10 PM Today’s Hotels
4:05 PM Find & Flip: Single-Family Investing
5:00 PM to 6:00 PM Opening Reception
8:00 PM to10:00 PM - President’s Suite
Thursday – June 9
8:00 AM to 9:00 AM Breakfast
8:05 AM NAREE University: Online Tools
9:00 AM Home Building Outlook
10:00: AM The Adaptive Re-use of Historic Properties
11:00 AM Economic Symposium: Threats to Commercial Realty
11:30 AM Real Estate Topics
12:00 PM NAREE University Lunch: New Media Species
1:05 PM Disruptive Real Estate Issues and Technology
2:10 PM Vacation Homes and Resort Trends
3:05 PM Mixed-Use Development
4:00 PM Realty Hot Spots
5:00 PM to 6 PM Throwback Thursday Reception
6:00 PM to 7:30 PM Historic Properties
9:00 PM to 11:00 PM - NAREE President’s Suite
Friday – June 10
8:00 AM to 9:00 AM Breakfast
8:05 AM NAREE University Breakfast: Enterprise Reporting
8:55 AM Affordable Shelter
9:55 AM The New Renters
10:30 AM Mid-Year Economic Forecast
12:00 PM to 12:55 PM NAREE's Robert Bruss Real Estate Book Awards Luncheon
1:10 PM Beyond Green: Net Zero
2:05 PM Mortgages & Millennials
3:00 PM Luxury Real Estate
4:00 PM to 5:15 PM NAREE’s Meet the Press
5:15 PM to 6:15 PM NAREE's 87th Anniversary Reception
6:30 PM to 8:00 PM 66th Annual NAREE Journalism Competition Awards Presentation and Reception.
8:00 PM to 10:00 PM Apres Awards President’s Suite
Saturday – June 11
8:30 AM NAREE University Breakfast: Saturday Morning Review
9:15 to 9:45 AM General Membership Meeting
10:00 AM Conference Ends
Bookmark this page and check agenda updates on www.naree.org